We are looking for a quartermaster or group of people willing to take on quartermaster responsibilities.
The Quartermaster is responsible for looking after the stores and equipment of the Scout Group. Specific responsibilities include:
- Keeping the stores tidy and safe
- Making sure kit is available for camps and events
- Assisting in the picking and preparation of kit before a camp or event
- Checking all kit is clean and in good working order when returned from a camp or event
- Arranging for the repair or replacement of any kit as required
- Assisting the Group Scout Leader in the purchase of new equipment and kit for the group
This role is perfect for anyone who has good organisational skills and anyone who has an interest in outdoor equipment.
We want to offer young people the most interesting and diverse experiences possible, that incorporates outdoors, adventure, challenges, greater social responsibility and #SkillsForLife
You will be offered training and a personal learning plan specific to your role. You will also have the opportunity to attend training you find interesting and relevant. Regular support and supervision will be available from our Group Scout Leader and Assistant Group Scout Leader.